This morning Facebook launched it’s new Local Ad’s feature, Local Awareness.
What makes this so exciting is the ability to set extreme localisation (down to 1 mile) around your business for the ads.
The screenshot below (care of Facebook) shows a coverage shadow of the area that you can cover from your location.
Basically, those within or have recently been in that radius, on a mobile device or desktop will receive the ad you set.
Picture these scenarios:
– You have a strong local customer base. Letter box drops aren’t having the same response as they used to due to mail box drop, junk mail rejection (straight into the recycling bin). Now you can make them aware of your offer while they are checking their phones between ad breaks.
– You are a dealer near the CBD of your major city. You know you have a high percentage of potential customers who commute via public transport and don’t drive past your dealership. How do you find them to let them know you have a special city service offer? As they are looking at Facebook on their phones on the train on the way home, you can serve them let you know you are nearby, your deal and that you will even drop them into the office so they don’t have to waste their Saturday with a car service.
– You have a cracking deal on all new model XYZ’s for this weekend only. How do you target those who are close by who don’t read the newspaper, listen to radio? Now you can as they are looking at their phones at a local cafe, as a break in between dealers during car shopping, and tell them how to get there.
– A young couple are driving around the dealerships trying out cars that have been recommended by their family and friends. How do you get them to know about your cars and your offer in between or even at the dealership? You can target them, age groups and interest as they enter your area.
– The 2015 Golf Merchandise range has just arrived. Now you can target those who like Golf, live and or play in your area to come in and check it out. Better still, you can send them to your eStore to order the latest gear now, without having the leave the fairway.
– You offer other services that are not so obvious from your brand or store front. Facebook can show ads to those who have recently been in the vicinity of your workshop so they can come back to you.
We could go on and on, but the potential is huge. Especially for in store ads and targeting those who are close by in a sea of competitors.
It could very well be the edge your dealership needs.